Skip To Main Content

Title I

Title I Information

What is Title I?  

Utah receives Federal Funds within the Title I Part A of Every Students Succeed Act (ESSA) to assist higher-poverty schools in Utah provide supplemental educational services to meet the needs of economically and educationally disadvantaged students by: 

Goals of Title I Part A 

      • Helping students achieve proficiency and growth on rigorous State academic standard in Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science 
      • Closing achievement gaps 
      • Building teacher capacity through high-quality, on-going, job-embedded professional learning opportunities 
      • Engaging parents in helping their children succeed through meaningful, high-quality, evidence-based parent, family, and community engagement activities 
      • Providing a well-rounded education for all students 


Parents Right to Know In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act, Section 1112(e)(1)(A), this notification informs parents of their right to know the qualifications of their teachers and paraprofessionals.

As a parent of a student at a Title I school in Tooele School District, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law requires the school district to provide you this information in a timely manner if you request it. Specifically, you have the right to request the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:

Whether the student’s teacher—

    1. has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
    2. is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
    3. is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
    4. Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, his or her qualifications.

If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact your building administrator.